Thursday, May 17, 2007

For fun...

For fun, take the Grey's Anatomy character quiz. I turned out to be Meredith, which makes sense given how dark and twisty I am.

Or if you are more daring, check the InterPlay website to see if there are any InterPlay groups operating near you (there are regular groups in St. Paul/Minneapolis and also in Port Melbourne, which is the next suburb over from where I live in Australia). InterPlay is all about fun and embodiment, as participants move through incremental "forms" that allow them to move, think, and be in new ways. InterPlay proudly proclaims it is for those who want to become "recovering serious people." I have learned about InterPlay from my colleague Courtney Goto at Emory University, who is studying InterPlay as part of her dissertation. Regardless of whether I ever become a regular InterPlayer or not, their work does remind me of the importance of considering the role of the body in education and the fact that there are multiple ways of knowing--and embodied knowing often gets short shrift in the world of academics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home